Sunday, June 7, 2015

Heiho Kopi Luwak



I was just about to head home when a guy standing beside a motorcycle on Jalan Prawirotaman asked me: "Orang Jepang?" We got talking and it turns out his daughter studies literature (sastra Indonesia) at USD. He offered to bring me to a place to try Kopi Luwak so I thought, why not? Got on a motorcycle and off we went. "Rock and roll ya?", he said. No surprise that when I introduced myself as Bing he asked "Pink Floyd?"   
I was brought to Heiho Kopi Luwak and was given a mini-tour of their place (it was actually after hours): 







Rp 125,000 for a cup of Jawa-grown Luwak was way beyond my budget so I tried a cup of Bali-grown Luwak for Rp 65,000 (which included a free sample of the Java-grown one as well as some spiced coffee): 




Made some new friends there as well. To the left is Dani and to the extreme right is Agung: 




That's Pak Adi (the guy who drove me there!)




And here's their FB page:  
https://www.facebook.com/heihokopiloewak 

No comments:

Post a Comment